You are at the right place
Video explains how NLP in a coaching framework amplifies both NLP and coaching.
Let’s start by defining coaching before moving on to look GROW as the classic coaching model, and finally look at our own NLP coaching model.
What is Coaching?
I define coaching as an intervention that:
1. Helps a client move from A to B. This may include helping the client to clarify A and B,
- develop an effective plan to reach B,
- take action to follow the plan, and
- review progress to improve both the plan and future action.
2. Uses a ‘coaching style’. This:
- encourages the client to think through their own answers,
- helps the them take the action they need,
- means that they end up with a better result, and
- the skills to plan and act upon future journeys on their own.
While I’ll use a ‘coaching style’ most of the time – because it works – occasionally I’ll use other interventions if I think they’re appropriate.
An important aspect about coaching is that it helps clients turn learning into results.
It’s also useful to differentiate between consulting and coaching.
- In consulting we give the client the answer
- In coaching we help the client find their own answer
In theory, coaching is straightforward. In practice, it can be challenging because many of us do not know what we want, and either do not know, or do not want to be realistic about, our current situation.
All coaching models are some version of:
- Where do you want to get to?
- Where are you now?
- What are you going to do to get there?
The GROW model is one of the most popular models. It stands for:
- Goal: What we want to achieve
- Current Reality: Where we are now
- Options: Choices we have in order to move towards our goal
- (Obstacles): What might stop us achieving our goal
- Way Forward: The actions we need to take to help us achieve our goals.
I’ve found that our NLP model, which follows, builds upon GROW. It is a more complete model in that it includes tools to help our clients answer the questions that need to be answered to use the GROW model in the first place.
I always emphasise the importance of creating options for our clients. An option, as I define it, is only a theoretical option, (more like a dilemma) until our client knows what to do, the reason for doing it, knows how to do it and is prepared to do it. When these conditions are met it’s truly an option.
It’s a belief in NLP that if a client has a number of options, as qualified above, they will automatically choose the path most beneficial to them.
NLP Coaching Section Index
Learn how to find time, to create more time
Have you ever wondered what makes successful people achieve success? They plan things in advance, and stick to that plan. They have the discipline to follow through, and have the ability to stay motivated and passionate towards their goals. They manage their time well, and ensure that right amount of time is devoted for important things in life. Their time management skills ensures proper balance in various areas of life, helps them to stay at the top of their game in whatever they do, and to ensure Personal Effectiveness.
Personal Effectiveness and Time management are learnable skills, all you have to do is model right people who exhibit this behavior and follow a routine; Various Personal effectiveness and time management strategies that has been working for many, and it will work for you as well.
If you are committed to reach towards your goals faster, and are looking forward for how to find time to do that. Download my eBook, ‘Personal Effectiveness and Time Management’ by subscribing to my free email newsletter.
You will learn:
1) 12 secrets successful people follow for time management
2) Time Management Worksheet for effectively managing your week
3) Time Management Toolkit – A Blue print for managing time better
4) How to create 14 hours in a week for Personal Growth
Register to download Free eBook
Personal Effectiveness and Time Management
I Need Help to...
If you want Personal and Business Mastery tips, and blogging tips. Join my Newsletter