The Rules of Management
You are at the right place
The Rules of Management
In this video, Michael introduces his rules for managers.
If leadership is about vision, management is about planning how to achieve that vision – It’s about doing what needs to be done effectively, efficiently and with a degree of certainty. NLP gives you the skills to communicate and feedback effectively, so enabling your team to move forward.
My Six Rules of Management
- Think SMART – setting goals that are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timebound) is essential to be a good manager.
- Create agreed results as effectively and efficiently as possible. This has to be done within (and possibly beating) any agreed-upon budget.
- Continually improve what you’ve got. That means doing it faster, cheaper and, where relevant, to a higher quality.
- Increase certainty and reduce risk. Managers plan how to achieve the leader’s vision, making sure team members understand their roles.
- Remember the power of 3. The 3 key outcomes to achieve in a year, in a month, in a week and in a day.
- Team members need clarity. Again, quoting Patrick Lencioni in his book: The Advantage, each team member needs to be able to answer :
- why are we here?
- how do we behave?
- what do we do?
- how will we succeed?
- what is most important right, now?
- who does what?
In the next section we explore The Rules of Action.
NLP Leadership Section Index
NLP Leadership 1: Leadership, management, action and review
NLP Leadership 2: Rules of Leadership
NLP Leadership 3: Management
NLP Leadership 4: Action
NLP Leadership 5: Review
NLP Leadership 6: Summary
Learn how to find time, to create more time
Have you ever wondered what makes successful people achieve success? They plan things in advance, and stick to that plan. They have the discipline to follow through, and have the ability to stay motivated and passionate towards their goals. They manage their time well, and ensure that right amount of time is devoted for important things in life. Their time management skills ensures proper balance in various areas of life, helps them to stay at the top of their game in whatever they do, and to ensure Personal Effectiveness.
Personal Effectiveness and Time management are learnable skills, all you have to do is model right people who exhibit this behavior and follow a routine; Various Personal effectiveness and time management strategies that has been working for many, and it will work for you as well.
If you are committed to reach towards your goals faster, and are looking forward for how to find time to do that. Download my eBook, ‘Personal Effectiveness and Time Management’ by subscribing to my free email newsletter.
You will learn:
1) 12 secrets successful people follow for time management
2) Time Management Worksheet for effectively managing your week
3) Time Management Toolkit – A Blue print for managing time better
4) How to create 14 hours in a week for Personal Growth
Register to download Free eBook
Personal Effectiveness and Time Management