NLP Technique | Swish
You are at the right place
Video of Michael taking you through the Swish NLP technique.
Swish is an NLP technique to change how we think, feel and act. It’s an effective and efficient submodality change. It’s a way of telling our brains “This not That” and replacing something we don’t want with something we do want.
The Swish NLP Technique – step by step.
- Choose what you want to replace and create in your imagination a big bright image of it. Put it aside for the moment.
- Decide what you would prefer instead. Create an empowering image to represent it and feel free to add an appropriate soundtrack. Put it aside for the moment.
- Take the first image (what you want to get rid of) and make it even bigger and brighter. Put in front of you (you’ll be getting rid of it in its current form, shortly). Take the image of what you want instead and make it small and grey and put it far, far away in the distance.
- Now throw the bright image of what you don’t want far into the distance and notice it getting really small and the colour draining from it until you’re not sure if you can see it or not. Draw the image of what you want towards you so it quickly becomes bright and colourful. Let any sounds you’ve chosen rise in crescendo to add to the power of the now bright image.
Repeat 3-5 times, breaking state between each repetition.
With greatest thanks to Richard Bandler who created the original Swish technique. www.richardbandler.com
The final technique we will look at here is the Visual Squash.
KEY NLP Techniques Section Index
NLP Techniques 1: Introduction
NLP Techniques 2: Beliefs
NLP Techniques 3: Values
NLP Techniques 4: Perceptual positions
NLP Techniques 5: Senses and Sub-modalities
NLP Techniques 6: Strategies
NLP Techniques 7: Profiles
NLP techniques 8: Time and timeline
NLP Techniques 9: Hypnosis and meditation
NLP Techniques 10: Storytelling
NLP Techniques 11: Modelling
NLP Techniques 12: Fast phobia cure
NLP Techniques 13. Progressive dissociation
NLP Techniques 14. Six step re-framing
NLP Techniques 15. Swish
NLP Techniques 16. Visual Squash
NLP Techniques 17. Summary
Learn how to find time, to create more time
Have you ever wondered what makes successful people achieve success? They plan things in advance, and stick to that plan. They have the discipline to follow through, and have the ability to stay motivated and passionate towards their goals. They manage their time well, and ensure that right amount of time is devoted for important things in life. Their time management skills ensures proper balance in various areas of life, helps them to stay at the top of their game in whatever they do, and to ensure Personal Effectiveness.
Personal Effectiveness and Time management are learnable skills, all you have to do is model right people who exhibit this behavior and follow a routine; Various Personal effectiveness and time management strategies that has been working for many, and it will work for you as well.
If you are committed to reach towards your goals faster, and are looking forward for how to find time to do that. Download my eBook, ‘Personal Effectiveness and Time Management’ by subscribing to my free email newsletter.
You will learn:
1) 12 secrets successful people follow for time management
2) Time Management Worksheet for effectively managing your week
3) Time Management Toolkit – A Blue print for managing time better
4) How to create 14 hours in a week for Personal Growth
Register to download Free eBook
Personal Effectiveness and Time Management